Friday, December 6, 2013

The Boats of Opua - Bullion Rover

This is the seventh little oil in my latest project, The Boats of Opua. I've seen the Bullion Rover in Opua more than once, so my guess is that it is a New Zealand boat - possibly a local one.

At first I painted it with the boatyard behind it, but it was so busy I wiped off most of the other boats and just suggested a couple in the water behind the Bullion.  I wonder how it got its name?
I'm learning a lot with this latest project. My bird project was all about simplification of subject matter. Painting small oils of boats makes me concentrate on values and color, otherwise the boat gets lost in the clutter of the background, other boats, reflections, etc.


The Boats of Opua - Bullion Rover
8" x 6" oil on gessoed board, unframed
US $125 plus $7 shipping
SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment