Saturday, February 23, 2013

I'm Teaching a Watercolor Workshop on Tiritiri Matangi

There are 3 spots open for my watercolor workshop this coming weekend, March 2 and 3rd, near Auckland, New Zealand.

I'm donating my time to teach the workshop to benefit Tiritiri Matangi, a sanctuary for many of New Zealand's native birds.  The predator-free island is just a short ferry ride from Auckland.  We'll spend the first day hiking on the island with several guides, observing birds in their native habitat.  While the guides tell us about the birds, I'll chat about gathering reference (taking notes, sketching and photographing) as preparation for studio paintings.  If time allows, I'll do a quick watercolor demo before heading back to the mainland on the ferry.  The following morning, we meet at a classroom in Birkenhead and will spend the day painting birds.  I'll do a demo in the morning, then you can paint the same bird as me (I'll provide the reference material), or you can bring your own photographs and paint your own bird.  I'll spend time with each of you while you're painting. In the afternoon, I'll do another demo - then you paint until quitting time at 4 pm.

If you are interested contact:  Mary-Ann Rowland at sotmmanager@clear.net.nz.

If you have any questions, email me or give me a call at 09 402-5014.

No comments:

Post a Comment