Friday, May 4, 2012

Today's Study - An American Goldfinch

I've been travelling so it's been a while since I've posted an oil study.  I hope to make up for it this coming week.  I was just north of Wellington (Mt. Bruce) at the southern end of New Zealand's North Island for a month, and now I'm back in the north, near my hometown of Warkworth.  I'll be here until the 15th of May when I fly back to the U.S. and will then mail all of the studies that have been sold. (and thanks for your purchases and support!)

Today's little study is an American Goldfinch, though I was very tempted to paint a Rosella as I could hear them screeching in the trees around me as I was painting this morning.  It's a large red, yellow and green parrot - actually an Australian species that self-introduced itself to New Zealand, and is flourishing in this part of the country.

  
264 - American Goldfinch
7" x 5" oil study on board, unframed
US $75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.  
SOLD


I have been trying to paint 60 paintings on location, plein air, while in New Zealand and I'm far from reaching my goal.  This is #38.  Will I be able to paint another 22 pieces in less than two weeks?  Stay tuned!


60/60 #38   8" x 6"
Painted from the deck of the house where I'm staying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment