Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Today's Study - Great Blue Heron

Today's study is a Great Blue Heron - finally done after wiping a couple off.  Some days are like that!
This is the North American species - though there is a white-faced heron here in New Zealand which is about the same size as the N.A. tri-colored heron.  The background on this piece is warmer - more orange than you see here.  For some reason I can't get an entirely accurate photo of it.


259 - Great Blue Heron
5" x 7" oil study on board
US $75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S. or New Zealand
SOLD

If you wish to purchase this piece and you live in the U.S., I'll mail it to you when I return to America in about a month - mid-May.  If you're in New Zealand, the painting will be mailed as soon as it is dry in about a week.  Paypal will convert your payment to NZ $.



This second painting is a little piece (4.5" x 5") I did this morning for my 60/60 Challenge project.  These are the Mt. Bruce/Eketahuna hills that I see from my cottage.  I'm starting to get a glimmer of understanding as to why Cezanne painted the Sainte-Victoire Mountain over and over again.  These hills never look the same way twice and I feel compelled to paint them over and over again until I get it right.



No comments:

Post a Comment