Wednesday, April 4, 2012

On the Road Again!

I made a commitment to paint and post (here)  a piece every day between March 6 and May 6th...but I'm on the road.  I'll be back to painting on Saturday (U.S. time) or Sunday (New Zealand time). On Saturday, I arrive at NPS - Mt. Bruce where I'll spend the next month as artist in residence.  Mt. Bruce - the New Zealand native bird sanctuary is only 1K down the road, so I'll have plenty of opportunities to photograph and sketch the birds every day or two which is the main reason I'm spending the month there.  The month at Mt. Bruce will also give me time to catch up on the daily 60/60 Challenge.  


As I don't have a painting to post today, I'm posting a photo I took yesterday at Whiritoa, just south of the Coromandel Peninsula on New Zealand's east coast (North Island)  A cyclone nailed Fiji four or five days ago and is having an impact on New Zealand's weather with lots of rain in some areas and amazing waves.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! Can't wait to see the paintings you get from it!

    ReplyDelete