Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day #5 of the 60/60 Challenge

Why am I doing this?  Because I know from experience that it will get easier and I will get better at painting 100% from life by the time the 60/60 Challenge ends on May 6th.  Yep, that's 60 paintings, on location, in 60 days.  Fortunately, I'm in New Zealand for all of that time.  Unfortunately, this is the wettest/coolest summer in many years so finding a dry place to paint is a real challenge.  If I were in my own house, I could paint interiors on a rainy day, but I'm in a carpeted rental house and I'm guessing the owners would not like pthalo green on the carpeting.

I found a herd of young cows and bulls begging to be painted.  I screeched to a halt - set up my Sol-tek easel and wouldn't you know it, the cows/bulls made a beeline for the fence to see what I was up to.  So now I had big cow faces two feet away instead of the pastoral motif I had envisioned.

So this is today's contribution to my challenge.  It's an 8" x 8" oil on board....slightly unfinished as it started to rain.  I'm a glutton for punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment