Friday, February 10, 2012

Getting Together With Other Artists...

A few nights ago, I met with my artist friends Susan Faust, Sandy Scott and Trish Smith.  I heard Trish say, 'I'm not an artist'!  But she is - as she makes the moulds for Sandy's bronzes. Susan is a landscape painter (large oils) and Sandy is a master sculptor, having just returned from exhibiting at the Autry's, Masters of the American West.   

It's great getting together with other artists as we speak a common language - but try to get a word in edgewise!  I'd been reaching burn-out after long hours in the studio preparing for the Southeastern Wildlife Expo, February 17-19 in Charleston, South Carolina but I left the restaurant feeling recharged and ready to get back to work. 

 Left to right:  that's me, Susan and Trish

 Sandy also blogs daily so take a minute to check out her great writing and photographs.  If you're into sculpting, she shares her thoughts on the process.  http://sandyscottblog.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment