Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 3 - Nesting Hummingbird and Thrush

I've been busy!  In addition to framing and packing three pieces for the Holiday Small Works Show at the Legacy Gallery in Scottsdale, Arizona...I've also done two little studies for the 75 for $75 project.  I don't know what came over me - must have been the Wheaties I had for breakfast.  I actually did a third piece - a Great Egret, but darned if I can get a good photo of it.  I might have to wait until it is dry then put it in the scanner. 

A month or two ago I did a nesting hummingbird, which sold right away - and since then have had lots of requesting for another.  This little gal is really tucked down in her nest so you can't see much of her but I was happy with the way the painting worked out.


193 - Nesting Hummingbird 
7" x 5" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.

SOLD

The second oil study is a thrush - at least I think it's a thrush.  Maybe it is an oven bird?  I can't even remember where I photographed the bird, which would give me a clue. 


194 - Thrush
7" x 5" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.

SOLD






2 comments:

  1. Both birds are so wonderful! The thrush looks ready to hop off the canvas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed the hummingbird, but I really like it! The contrast between the loose branch and nest and the more detailed head of the bird is really nice.

    ReplyDelete