Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Today's Oil Study - Red-tailed Hawk

I'm working on paintings for Art for the Sangres, a one-day show in Westcliffe, Colorado on September 24th.  What's the expression, 'the hurrier I go, the behinder I get'?  That seems to be the way it is this month for pieces for Art for the Sangres.  I was in the studio at 6:50 AM in order to get this little study done as I find I paint better the rest of the day if I start the day with a little piece.  It is like stretching exercises before you go running.


187 - Red-tailed Hawk
5" x 7" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.

SOLD
On a sadder note,  the well-known painting-a-day artist, Carol Marine, has lost her home and studio in the Texas fires.  She and her family are safe but only managed to save a few things.  I hate to hear of someone losing their home, but to also lose your art is tragic.  Artists are always trading their work - so I'm guessing that Carol had a pretty extensive art collection.  

2 comments:

  1. No way about Carole! I had no idea! I'll say a prayer for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. god this makes me want to dig out my old oil set again

    I'm digging your thick painterly style

    ReplyDelete