Monday, August 15, 2011

Scissor-tailed Fly Catcher and a Swan - Two Oil Studies for Today

I've never painted a scissor-tailed flycatcher before because by the time you put the entire length of tail into the painting, there was never much room left for the bird.  But I've learned by doing these 75 for $75 oil studies that it's OK to leave part of the tail out.   This piece was fun to do - I like the background color.   I've almost finished a second piece so stay tuned - I'll post it below the flycatcher in just a bit.


Scissor-tailed Flycatcher
5" x 7" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.
SOLD





My second piece is a swan.  This is to make up for not lifting a brush all weekend.  I had more important things to do with (my grandkids)


180 - Swan
7" x 5" oil study on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.
SOLD



No comments:

Post a Comment