Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm on a Roll - Another Study for Today!

Actually, I'm catching up with the daily studies I didn't post between August 1st and 4th when I was relocating from Colorado back to Arizona.

This study is completely different than anything I've posted for the 75/75 project - and I really like it.
It may become a larger painting at some point.  It's simple but says what I wanted to say about the nice shape of a dark raven against a light sky.  If you're not a birder, a simple way of telling the difference between a raven and a crow (in flight) is that a raven has a pie-shaped tail, but a crow's tail is straighter.

Scroll down past this post to see the bluebird I painted and posted earlier today.


178 - Raven
5" x 7" oil on board, unframed
$75 plus $6 shipping within the U.S.

SOLD




1 comment:

  1. Wow two studies in one day! Cool, I'm just really liking the direction you are going towards with a different perspective of the birds. Keep on posting!!
    -Lina
    misartmanias.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete