Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Very Good Day!

Last night was the opening for the exhibit of the plein air paintings of 15 artists at the Art & Wildlife Celebration in Breckenridge. I painted five pieces over the last three days and received Best of Show for my painting, 'The Sky is Falling'.


 The Sky is Falling
10" x 8" oil on panel
Best of Show - Art & Wildflower Celebration
Breckenridge, Colorado
painted on location at the Illinois Creek Trail, Wakefield Meadow
SOLD


Both pieces here were painted yesterday.

July Drifts
8" x 8" oil on board
Painted on location July 10, 2011  at the Illinois Creek Trail, Wakefield Meadows
Breckenridge, Colorado

The last few days painting in Breckenridge have been glorious.  I've been practically knee-deep in wildflowers while painting under fabulous light.  We've had threatening skies and a little rain but for me, this is perfect weather to paint plein air.   I will paint outside more often!


1 comment: