Friday, May 13, 2011

The second annual 75 for $75!

Last year starting on May 15th, my son and I started a painting project called 75 for $75.  We painted 75 oil studies in 30 days - all selling for $75 plus $6 shipping.  The majority of the studies have sold - often within hours of posting them here and on my website. My goal for the project was to work towards a more confident style with a strong painterly approach. It has made such a big difference in my work, I'm doing it again! 

Unfortunately, Shane, my illustrator son, probably won't be able to participate as he is
up to his ears in commercial work.  But you can see his commercial stuff at http://www.blot.com/ or his oils at http://www.turpitout.blogspot.com/.

I'm on the road so until I get home I can't post images here on my blog.  But stay tuned because starting Sunday May 15th I will post at least one $75 oil study (5" x 7") each day! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, excitement reigns here awaiting the first! I still chuckle every time I walk by my rubber ducky. Maybe I can afford to pick up another this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my heroine Adele. This is a tremendous commitment. I will be following your progress and hope to learn from your efforts. I admire your focus! Are you just painting birds?

    ReplyDelete