Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Look, Up in the Sky!

I spent the day doing paperwork for the New Zealand Painting Holiday that I'm leading with Joe Garcia (February 2012) - then an interruption to deal with a house/handyman issue left little time in the day to paint.  So with only an hour or two left before quitting time, I painted this little raven.  It's been a while since I've done one.  I got off to a bad start and wiped two off before I got back in the swing of things.  It is titled, 'Look, Up in the Sky'!  as the raven looks like it is tracking something above it - perhaps another bird.



"Look, Up in the Sky"!
oil on board

SOLD

I painted this raven from three different reference photos.  One of the photos had a red car in the background....which inspired the background color.

4 comments:

  1. Does he have his eye on a sparrow or does he see a hawk with his eye on the raven? Nature's food chain at work....
    I love the look in his eye, and the red behind him.

    ReplyDelete