Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A new project?

I'm back home and in the studio.  First thing on the list is to give the studio a good cleaning!

I've got several more small oils to do for the  Holiday Show at Legacy Gallery.  (this year I'm doing a series of cactus flowers) and then there's a list of commissions I have to start on. I also have a half-finished 20" x 24" red fox painting on the easel to finish and ship to The Walt Horton Fine Art Gallery in Beaver Creek, Colorado.    I've got paintings to ship to The Horton-Hayes Gallery in Charleston, South Carolina and several larger pieces to do for Legacy Gallery.  No rest for the weary.

I took some 5" x 5" dog paintings to the Waterfowl Festival in Easton.  They got lots of attention and all sold the first day.  Since then, I've been mulling over an idea for another online project which I'll call 'The Square Dog'.   The title 'square dog' has a meaning in my family as my brother had a much loved and rather fat mutt called Tom, whose portliness made him look square.  My brother was racing cars at the time and his racing team was called 'The Square Dog Racing Team'.  As the dog paintings are a square format,  I might as well keep a good title in the family.

I'll start posting images for the Square Dog project sometime in December, hopefully in time for Christmas.  As 5" x 5" is not a standard size, the paintings will be sold framed and will be more complete paintings than my 75 for 75 project, therefore will sell for $235 each, which will include shipping.  I'll be using my rather large file of doggy reference for the project but also welcome commissions.   If you get the photos of your dog to me by early December, I'll have it done by Christmas.  

These are the pieces that inspired the project.


SOLD


SOLD


SOLD

1 comment: