Saturday, November 13, 2010

Morning on the Eastern Shore

The weather has been spectacular as has been the fall color.  And if that isn't good enough, the show is also going very well.  The Waterfowl Festival has always been one of my best shows - and this year, it's 'back to normal' after two slow years.  So I have said goodbye to some of my favorite paintings that have gone home with collectors, and am starting to mull over ideas for new pieces.

One of the main things I like about doing large group shows, such as this one, is that it gives me the opportunity to hobnob with my fellow artists.  Matthew Hillier and his wife Julia Rogers, are showing their work in the same room as me - so every time there is a lull in the crowd, I spend time looking at their work.  One of Julia's paintings is a magnificent oil of a flying egret (over 5 feet horizontally and vertically) and Matthew's seascape oils are to-die-for.  I love the way he handles edges and softens lines.  Really amazing work.

No comments:

Post a Comment