Friday, October 15, 2010

An Inca Dove for today's 5" x 7"

I do love painting Inca doves. (is it 'dove' or 'doves'?)   A nice round shape and warm colors....   This little 7" x 5" oil study is today's piece for my 75 for $75 project.  To see the rest of the paintings, go to the 75 for $75 page on my website.  All the paintings are $75 each, unframed plus $6 shipping within the U.S.  These little oils are quick, spontaneous studies that I do to help me become a better painter.  This is how I work out color combinations, brush work, etc.  I love doing them too!  I paint 8 am - 5 pm,  six days a week - sometimes 7 days when I'm getting ready for a show.  When I first started the 75 for $75 project, I would do the 5" x 7" study at the end of my work day, but I've found that if I do the little painting first thing in the morning, it loosens me up for the larger, more serious paintings that I work on for the rest of the day. 




Adele Earnshaw - Inca Dove #2
7" x 5" oil study on board, unframed
$75 + $6 shipping, priority mail








Shane hopes to start contributing to the project again this week.  He's been up to his ears in his commercial work.

No comments:

Post a Comment