Friday, July 23, 2010

Shane's painting for today, 'Oblivious Brunch Bunch'

This is one of Shane's best pieces so far....in my opinion!  Love the way he painted the cows....and love his brush strokes.  Nice painting, Shane!



Shane Rebenschied - Oblivious Brunch Bunch
5" x 7" oil on board
SOLD

I've cut and pasted the followed from Shane's blog, turpitout.blogspot.com because he admits I (his mother) was right about flats!

I'm getting some wicked glare in this photo off the wet, thicker paint in the sky, but I'll upload a higher-quality scan once it's dry.  Despite my earlier dislike of flat brushes (I've been using brights), I decided to give them another try and did this painting with #6 and #4 Bristlon Silver flats.  I take back the mean things I said as it was a different, but enjoyable experience.

1 comment:

  1. You can see the brush strokes with the flats, and they get more paint on the canvas. It is a nice one! again!

    ReplyDelete