Thursday, July 1, 2010

Artist in residence this weekend - Walt Horton Fine Art

I am the artist in residence at Walt Horton Fine Art Gallery in Beaver Creek, Colorado this weekend.  I'll arrive at the gallery tomorrow morning (Friday) by 11 am and will be there all day/every day until Sunday evening.  I'll  be bringing some new work with me.

I'll be painting in the gallery - a bear, perhaps some aspen and maybe a fox or two.  If you're in the area, stop by and say hi!  If you aren't in the area, then take a drive to Vail & Beaver Creek in the heart of the Rocky Mountains.  The wildflowers are in full bloom and the weather is fabulous...cool with afternoon thundershowers.  What more could I ask for in July?  

What more could I ask for?  Well....come to think of it, I would LOVE to see a bear or two in the wild.  Walt told me that they often see bear near their home, so I will be keeping my eyes open.  I have bears in my own neighborhood but it seems they only visit during the night.

This is one of the new pieces I'm bringing to the gallery, titled The Strong and Silent Type.  Excuse the white  margins....I'm working on my little netbook while away from home and don't have the ability to tweak the image.


2 comments:

  1. To see a bear in the wild:
    Smear peanut butter all over your legs, Put a few bananas in your pocket, sit in the middle of a grove of trees and just wait...they will come!!!...get your camera ready!
    LOVE this big bear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. V....if the bears don't eat me I'll be dead anyway as I'm allergic to peanuts! (yes, that includes peanut butter)

    ReplyDelete