Monday, June 7, 2010

A house wren and cardinal for today

Two bird houses in my garden have been occupied by busy little house wrens for the past few weeks.  The babies in bird house  #1 fledged a few days ago without me noticing - but I couldn't help but notice that the babies in box #2 fledged today.   The mother spent the morning scolding me if I even dared look out the window and the babies made a very noisy departure.   Later, while outside, I was lucky enough to see one of the babies - not much bigger than a mouse, trying to hide in the vinca while momma wren fussed overhead.  SO cute!  It made my morning.   So this morning's activities inspired me to paint a house wren.


 Adele Earnshaw - House Wren
$75
7" x 5"  oil on board

SOLD
My second piece today is a male cardinal.  Believe it or not, we do have cardinals in Arizona.   When I go to the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson, it always seems a little odd when I see a cardinal sitting on a saguaro.

  Adele Earnshaw - Cardinal #2
$75
7" x 5"  oil on board
SOLD


We're now up to #50.  Twenty-five more paintings to do by June 15th.  You can see all fifty 5" x 7" oils in our 75 for $75 project by clicking on this link.




No comments:

Post a Comment