Sunday, May 30, 2010

For today - a mourning dove

I'm back in the studio trying to make up for lost time.  Today's 5" x 7" oil is a mourning dove.  Painting this piece reminded me why I like Ampersand gesso board so much.   It's such a nice surface to work on.  And no - I'm not paid by Ampersand to say nice things about their product! 

I doubt that Shane will be contributing any pieces in the next week...though he's trying.  He's suddenly flooded with real work (freelance illustrator). It's Murphy's Law....his illustration jobs have been slow to come these past few months but as soon as he made a committment to contribute to this project, his freelance work picked up.  It figures!

 Adele Earnshaw - Mourning Dove
5" x 7"  oil on board
SOLD

1 comment:

  1. He's not fat...he's just fluffy. Must have been a cold day when you took that photo. I really like this piece!

    ReplyDelete