Monday, April 12, 2010

2010 Birds in Art Entry

This is a 28"L x 10"W oil (on board) of an elf owl in senita cactus....about a half an hour away from being finished.



The painting is untitled - if you have any brilliant suggestions?   The elf owl is strictly nocturnal and roosts in trees or cacti, often in cavities.  I would like a title that suggests poor planning on the part of the owl's part - as the morning sun has found him.

Edited to add:  Thanks to Joe Garcia, the painting has been named, 'Rude Awakening'.   Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful Adele! Cool size. Title idea - " 'O Sole Mio Culpa ". Combo of the famous Italian song title meaning "It's my own sun" and Latin saying "Mia culpa" for "my fault". Or "Mi Error de Sol" Spanish for "my sun mistake". Not sure why I'm using foreign languages...Bill

    ReplyDelete