Monday, September 15, 2008

"Patrol"


Since I switched to oil two years ago, I've enjoyed painting little pieces - more than I ever did in watercolor. Perhaps I have less time at stake with a small painting . If it doesn't work.....wipe it off and start over. Sometimes I will waste an entire day just playing - turping off - and starting over. At the end of the day, I don't have the feeling that I have nothing to show for the day - but I almost feel exhilarated from the experimentation and new things I have learned.

This little fox (6" x 6") started out this way - just an experiment...but I stopped after the first few swipes with a rag. I liked it - so left it 'half finished'.

This painting will be one of the 18 pieces I'm showing at Art for the Sangres in Westcliffe, Colorado, September 27th. http://www.sanisabel.org/art_for_the_sangres.asp


My friend and fellow artist, Terry Miller, attended this year's Birds in Art Exhibition at the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum in Wausau, Wisconsin. My painting, 'In the Wind' is in this year's exhibition. I was unable to attend because of scheduling conflicts. Terry has written a blog on this year's exhibit. http://pencilshaver.blogspot.com/

1 comment: